EU Policy Consultant
Risk & Policy Analysts Limited (RPA) is an employee-owned, B Corp certified, independent consultancy with an established reputation and proven expertise in the fields of UK and EU sustainability, focusing on social policy, economics, the environment, and chemical management.
We provide multi-disciplinary, innovative, expert advice and strategic analysis, assisting both public and private sector decision makers in the development and implementation of sustainable policies. We offer a broad range of services and use a variety of skills to produce high quality, tailor-made outputs. The work we do places us directly at the centre of European and UK legislative processes, providing us with an opportunity to help ensure public and private sector entities achieve their sustainability goals.
Over the past 33 years, we have innovatively and proudly pushed forward the boundaries of how impact assessments and evaluations, as well as broader policy analyses, are carried out across a range of different fields. Our work has often been used as examples of best practice. Our clients come to us for innovative approaches, creative thinking, and critical analysis.
We are looking for additional support due to our fast-growing portfolio of projects for EU institutions covering social, environmental, and economic policy.
As an experienced public policy consultant, you will probably have:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience within policy research or consultancy, focusing on regulatory and legal policy development and implementation processes in the EU;
- Examples of working on or leading on the full project lifecycle, including tender preparation, for impact assessments, legal analysis, studies and/or evaluations according to EU Better Regulation guidelines, including design of stakeholder consultation and data collection strategies and implementing such activities (interviews, surveys, workshops, seminars) as well as policy/economic analysis (cost-benefit analysis, analysis of efficiency and effectiveness);
- Experience with any of the following EU policy areas: internal market, consumer protection/product safety, health and safety at work, labour market, social inclusion and human rights, civil and criminal justice systems, child and family policies, environmental policy; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and proven ability to deliver high quality policy research and consultancy reports for public and private sector clients.
Additional skills that are desirable include:
- Some project management skills and experience of leading relevant projects for public sector clients;
- Strong links and networks within industry, trade associations, civil society organisations, the public sector and/or academia; and
- One or more EU languages besides English.
Salary and benefits
RPA operates a transparent pay policy and pay is based on relevant experience. The Consultant level starts at £28,500 and the Senior consultant level starts at £35,500. There is also an additional £3,000 London weighting where applicable.
We offer 38 days holiday a year and after 6 months you will gain equity in the business via the Employee-Owned Trust which brings tax free profit share and a voice in the future of the company. We offer private health care to all employees from day one, 5% pension contribution, enhanced pay family policies, 20 days full sick pay, 5X salary death in service cover, paid volunteering leave and B Corp discounts.
We operate an agile working policy allowing flexible working hours and location meaning each employee can manage how often and when they are in the office. We believe this helps our co-owners to have a good work life balance. When you want to be in the office, you will be based at either our head office in Norwich and we have hubs in London, Cambridge, North West and the South West (Bristol area).
The position is permanent and can be full time or part time. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. You need to have the right to work in the UK.
If you want to be part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team with ample opportunity to help steer future direction of the EU work, whilst contributing to positive impact on society, please send your CV, and why you are looking to join RPA to firstname.lastname@example.org (REF: RPA EU POLCON), or use the form below and upload your CV directly.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26th January 2024 earlier applications are encouraged as interviews will be ongoing.